Welcome to Series 1, Episode 1 of The Destiny Podcast. In this recording, Paul Yadao shares about our need for humility. This is Day 1 of our 21 Days of Fire series.
Truth in the inward parts, steadfastness of heart and humility puts us in a posture of receiving from God. As sons and daughters of God we have full access to the secret place coming in with faith as priests, offering through grace not just intercession for ourselves but also for others.
Listen to the Message by Paul Yadao
Download the mp3 (right click and save link as)
• Verses: Psalm 51, Hebrews 5:5-6
• When we miss the timing of God’s Spirit and start doing things on our own, we lose rhythm with the Spirit and become vulnerable to temptations, sin, and old mindsets.
• Sin blocks us from our destinies and experiencing God. But just like David, we ask for mercy and cleansing in humility and brokenness.
• “All kingdom matters are matters of the heart”. Humility is an inward journey. It starts with the heart.
• Purity and cleansing can only be found in the presence of God and in a community of people carrying the presence of God.
• Prayer, worship, reading the word, power, and communion with others become easier when you position your heart to humility.
• Your breakthrough brings breakthrough to others. Your repentance can bring repentance to others.
• It is not the external things (the sacrifices we do) that God desires. God desires for our broken and contrite hearts.
• Sonship and priesthood go hand-in-hand. Our sonship does not remove our priestly role. It gives us full access to the most holy place.
• Our personal encounters bring blessing to others.
• Jesus expressed his humility, awe, and godly fear in loud cries of prayer and tears.
• The things we suffer teach us obedience, true hunger, and humility. When everything is easy, how can we go to a place of being needy for His presence?
• Humility is not an outward thing but an inner journey.
While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God. Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered.
If you enjoyed this post, join the free Destiny newsletter.