Welcome to Series 1, Episode 4 of The Destiny Podcast. In this recording, Verge Ascabano shares about the heart of intercession. This is Day 4 of our 21-Days of Fire series.
Before Jesus ascended, he left his disciples with the promise of the Holy Spirit. They prayed with one passion, and received the promise at the day of Pentecost. In the same way, Destiny was started and rooted in intercession, with hungry hearts passionately seeking one thing — the presence of God.
Listen to the Message by Verge Ascabano
Download the mp3 (right click and save link as)
• Verses: Acts 1:4, Matthew 11:11, Acts 2:42
• Jesus describes us as greater than John the Baptist. John had the Holy Spirit upon him, but we have the Holy Spirit in us.
• After Jesus left, the disciples were united in prayer, every day for 10 days. Gripped with one passion, interceding night and day.
• The heart of intercession is in the context of Jesus’ promise: The Holy Spirit. Because of this, the disciples were united in prayer.
• When we pray with one passion, our prayers are powerful.
• The disciples were consistent because they were waiting for a coming promise. This is why we pray, we contend for God’s promises for us.
• The pillar of fire came and separated into tongues of fire, and suddenly, God is not just a pillar of fire anymore. The Spirit of God dwells inside each and every one of us.
• The tongues of fire from God allows us to speak in boldness. The fear of the Lord came upon everyone.
• After the day of Pentecost, the disciples and followers continued to pray and gather. They already received the promise but they never stopped there.
• Our desire is for the Holy Spirit and the fire of God to continuously fill us. We can never fulfill God’s call without the Holy Spirit.
• We are praying for a promise. There has to be a pursuit. What are you contending for?
“All of them were united in prayer, gripped with one passion, interceding night and day.”
If you enjoyed this post, join the free Destiny newsletter.