Welcome to Series 1, Episode 5 of The Destiny Podcast. In this recording, Verge Ascabano shares about the importance of the heart in abiding in God’s presence. This is Day 5 of our 21-Days of Fire series.
In his repentance, David shared with us a revelation and the key to abiding in the presence of God – a broken and contrite heart. Humility and brokenness is not something we can ask from God; it is a conscious decision and effort to cultivate our intimacy with Him.
Listen to the Message by Verge Ascabano
Download the mp3 (right click and save link as)
• Key Verses – Psalm 51:10-12, 15-17; John 15
• A broken and contrite heart is important in going into the presence of God.
• All kingdom matters are matters of the heart. When we come before God in prayer, it is important that our hearts are tender and humbled before God.
• Humility is a decision. It is not something we can ask God to give us.
• We have to continuously and consciously go back to the place of staying hungry and broken for God.
• Allow God to deal with your heart. Is your heart hardened? Does it need cleansing from weeds and stones?
• God is looking for hearts who are constantly and passionately seeking Him.
• God’s desire is for us to be fruitful. Fruitfulness can be found only when we abide in Jesus.
• Jesus invites us to a life intimately joined with Him.
• Our intimacy with God is seen in our obedience.
• It is our task to continuously cultivate an intimate heart with the Father.
• God designed us to be in that place of fellowship and communion with Him. He placed Adam and Eve at the center of Eden, literally “God’s delight”.
• Make it a conscious choice to be fully engaged with God to be intimate with Him.
“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.”
If you enjoyed this post, join the free Destiny newsletter.